Like Me on Facebook

Friday, March 25, 2011

Oh So Easy OOEY GOOEY Monkey Bread

Recently I made my daughter a cookbook filled with over 200 pages of pics and recipes for everything I have been handed down from my grandmas, aunts, etc thru the years. All the recipes in there are 100% homemade and all taste incredible. However as a single mom who works fulltime and then has a little one to do homework with, a house to clean, laundry to do, dinner to cook etc etc etc, I have over the years found many recipes that fit into my crazy busy schedule and give me alot less time in the kitchen and alot more time with my children. Although on weekends and days off such as spring break, winter break and summer break, I prefer to use my good old fashioned handed down thru generations recipes, during the busy work week I rely on the recipes that I have either found or adapted that are easy and less time consuming. This makes it possible for me to cook dinner and make dessert and still have time for all the other things us busy moms have on our agendas. This recipe for monkeybread is a favorite. It's ooey and gooey and even though the dough is premade it still tastes homemade.

 Monkey Bread, All OOEY AND GOOEY and Delicious

3 12-ounce tubes refrigerator biscuits, or rolls, I use Pillsbury
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cinnamon (I tend to use more I love cinnamon)
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts depending on your liking
1 tablespoon cinnamon (again I tend to use more)
1/2 cup raisins, dried currants, dried cranberriesor something similiar that you like



Remove rolls from packages and cut each roll in half lengthhwise  twice. Then pull them apart into the quarter sections.


Spray a bundt pan well with cooking spray.

In a zip lock bag, pour  1 cup  sugar, and  3 tablespoons cinnamon.  Zip it closed and shake  to mix.  Put 1/2 of the cut up biscuits/rolls into the bag, zip to close, and shake until all the pieces are covered completely. Now arrange these pieces in the pan.





Put the remaining pieces into the ziplock bag.  Shake well and coat completely but do not remove from bag.
Begin to melt  butter and brown sugar in a saucepan.  Stir frequently until butter and sugar begin to melt, then continue stirring until  sugar is dissolved.  Boil for about 1 minute.


Pour half the boiled syrup mixture over pieces of dough in the bundt pan..  Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the pecans, and half of the remaining cinnamon.  Cover this layer with  remaining pieces from the ziplock bag, and pour the remaining half of the  syrup over the top of the second layer.  Cover with the rest of the nuts and cinnamon.

Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes.  Remove from the oven and allow to set in pan for at least 10 minutes.  After about ten minutes turn the pan over onto a serving dish or platter.  The pan and the bread will still be very hot, so use caution.

To serve pull apart bread.

To serve leftovers heat in oven on 350 for about five to ten minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what ya think..did ya try it? post a pic!!