Like Me on Facebook

Friday, March 25, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie












Just recently I had a Houseparty party for Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Cremes, One of the dishes I prepared using one of their cooking cremes was Chicken Pot pie. Of course I added to the recipe provided,(my changes and additions are in bold) and the pot pies turned out delicious. My family loved them and yet....still prefer my version to theirs. I will include both recipes.

Kraft Philadelphia Savory Garlic Chicken Pot Pie
Makes 2 pies, serving about 10


2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
4 cups frozen mixed veggies, thawed and drained
2 tubs Philadelphia Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
2 ready to use pie crusts (I like mine to have top and bottom crust but you can use only a top crust and use an oven safe baking dish as bottom "crust")

I also added salt, pepper, minced onion, garlic powder
I also added melted butter toward end of baking


Brown chicken in a non stick skillet, season with salt, pepper, minced onion, and garlic powder. Cook all the way thru. Add veggies and cook about 2 minutes or until heated thru. Stir in cooking creme. Spoon into bottom crust or baking dish. Add top crust and pinch edges to seal. slit top to vent. Repeat for second pie. Place pies on baking sheet. bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes. During last ten minutes of baking remove from oven and baste crust all the way to edges with melted butter and sprinkle with minced onion. Return to oven for final ten minutes. Remove and let cool before cutting.


For my own recipe I use fresh veggies cooked slightly tender then added, and instead of adding philly cooking creme i use my own homemade gravy. Basically all the steps are the same only changing up these two things. If you are pressed for time or do not have homemade gravy available you can use your favorite store bought gravy, if you do this though i suggest using gravy purchased at boston market or kfc the flavor is much better than canned or jarred grocery store gravies. Although nothing compares to homemade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what ya think..did ya try it? post a pic!!