Like Me on Facebook

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Scrumptious Fruit on the Grill

Recently a friend of mine had a cookout and she served fruit done on the grill. At first I thought Really?? But then I tasted it and was amazed at how delicious it actually was. I came home and looked up some recipes and started trying out different ways to grill it. I put together the fruits I liked best and chose the flavors I liked best to marinade it in and came up with this. My kids love it and its healthy too!



kiwi sliced about 1/4 inch slices
pineapple sliced into rings
starfruit sliced into 1/4 stars
banana skiced in half then the halves in half
apple sliced into rings
peach or nectarine cut in half and then in half again
strawberries sliced in half
(cut off tops..if you take a straw and stick it up thru the bottom of the strawberry and out the top it will remove the hard center without ruining the strawberries shape)
MARINADE OR COATING
3 t olive oil
2 t honey
1 1/2 t orange juice
1 1/2 t lime juice
1 t vanilla or coconut extract (i use 1/2 t each)

Using a handmixer or whisk blend together marinade ingredients

Add fruits and toss gently to completely coat each piece

Grill until crisply tender. Different fruits take different times so watch them carefully. Dont over cook.

I prefer a charcoal grill for this it gives the fruit a better flavor than propane grills but either will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what ya think..did ya try it? post a pic!!