Like Me on Facebook

Friday, May 13, 2011

Crisp and Spicy Fried Potatoes

I love everything spicy lol, these I season with cajun spice and I must admit I add a lot! But you can add as little or as much as you want. These are simple and easy and a great addition to any meal! I served them with my Chicken Fajitas the other night : )
Crisp and Spicy Fried Potatoes

                2 lbs red potatoes cut into wedges
                garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cajun spice
                veg oil
                a few pats of butter



Boil potatos for a few minutes but not all the way through. Just long enough to soften them a tiny bit. Then drain well, careful not to bruise (they should not be really soft) Allow to cool off completely.
 
In a large bowl add potatoes and seasoning to taste. I add alot of garlic and cajun spice) and gently toss potatoes till completely covered. Add more seasoning if needed to cover all potatoes.
 
 
In a large skillet heat veg oil and add potatoes. 
 
 
Fry until cooked through and the outsides are browned and crispy. 
 
 
 
Add a few pats of butter to top and gently toss potatoes. Fry a few minutes more. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what ya think..did ya try it? post a pic!!