Like Me on Facebook

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes

The day my daughter left for Paris  I was on edge until I knew she landed safely. So to de-stress I made some cupcakes. She bought a bunch of cake mixes the other day so i grabbed one and started from there. Hunter my seven year old wanted peanut butter and jelly cupcakes, (i made him peanut butter and jelly brownies once and he loved them) so this is what we came up with : ) You can use any kind of preserves or jam, i used grape jam since it is my sons favorite. I myself would prefer them with some blueberry or blackberry preserves. These are great for kids, cause what kid doesnt like PB&J but they are also very pretty and amazingly tasty for company or to share with friends. The kids will love them but i can guarentee the adults will too.







1 box french vanilla cake mix with pudding in mix
1 to 1 1/4 c peanut butter (i like alot)
1 1/4 c water
3 eggs
1 can fluffy white icing and or 1 can chocolate whipped frosting
peanut butter
additional jam to heat up and drizzle and/or m&m's to decorate



1Line muffin tins with cupcake papers and preheat oven to 350

2 Empty cake mix into a large bowl

3 Add 1 to 1 1/4 c peanut butter to mix.

4 Mix on medium speed till crumbly

5 Pour water into this mix

6 Add the three eggs

7 Mix batter until smooth

8 Pour into paper lined muffin pan, filling each only 1/3 full

9 Add 1 t jam or preserves to top of each

10 Fill with remaining batter over the jam.

11 Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean

12 allow cupcakes to cool completely

13 in a small bowl mix fluffy white icing and peanut butter to taste (i use alot about 3/4 cup)

14 put icing into pastry bag or decorating tube and pipe onto each cupcake, warm jam in microwave and using thin tip on pastry bag or a small hole in a plastic baggie pipe the warm jam over the frosting.



15 I also used chocolate icing and m&m's as per my sons request lol


ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what ya think..did ya try it? post a pic!!