Like Me on Facebook

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Easiest Pot Roast Ever with Amazing taste

The smell of my steak seasoning reminded me of the smell of porketta, which is probably my favorite choice for meat. So I decided to try and use the seasoning on a roast. I wanted to be hands free all day so I chose the crockpot to do the cooking. Wow my house smelled amazing all day and the taste Oh My God it was to die for. It fell apart in your mouth and just had this unique delicious wonderful flavor. I used the leftovers to make soup the following day and Lord that was one amazing beef soup. Both recipes are here and require easy and few ingredients. Give it a try and tell me what ya think.


Crockpot Roast..so tasty you will never spend hours on another roast

Ingredients:
1 chuck roast
montreal steak seasoniong
garlic powder
water

1. Place chuck roast into the crock pot

2. Season roast with montreal seasoning. (be generous)

3. Now season with garlic powder (again be generous)

4. Turn roast over and season the other side in the same way
5. Add water to crock pot (just enough to come up around sides of roast.

6. Cook on low in crockpot till roast falls apart when you try to lift it with a fork

Serve with mashed potatoes and some baked corn on the cob.

(put leftover meat and juice in a container for tomorrows soup)

Day 2 Pot roast soup

You will need:
Bag frozen mixed veggies
sliced potatoes (you can use fresh, canned or I actually used the potatoes from a box of scalloped potatos.i hate boxed scalloped potatoes so i took out the bag of potatoes from the box and used that..dont like waste)
Box orzo noodles

1. Return meat and juices to crockpot and turn to high. Heat on high until juices are hot.
2. Add your frozen veggies and potatoes

3. Cook until everything is cooked thru
4. In meantime boil water for orzos, cook orzos until al dente and drain
5. Put a nice scoop of orzos in each bowl and top off with soup.

No seasoning is needed. not even salt, It is just so delish. Serve with some nice toasted croutons or garlic bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what ya think..did ya try it? post a pic!!