Like Me on Facebook

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fruit Loop Cake

Another great from a mix recipe I put together in order to use up the cake mixes i seemed to aquire during a sale. This one is great for kids since it seems unanimous that it tastes like fruit loops lol. My son helped me decorate the cake for my nieces birthday. Usually I get real fancy with birthday cakes but my son wanted to help so here ya go. The cake was super moist and very good (unless of course ya dont like fruit loops lol.


1 box orange cake mix
3 eggs
1 1/3 c orange juice (mine had pulp)
1/3 c oil
3/4 of a single serving orange yogurt
your favorite vanilla frosting with 1/2 t orange extract blended in


1
Grease 2-9 inch pans and lightly flour them. Preheat your oven to 350
2
Put cake mix in large bowl

3
Add remaining ingregients (except frosting)

4
Mix on medium speed until blended well.

5
Divide batter between two pans and bake according to box directions. (I used 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes) Tooth pick should come out clean.
6
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
7
Invert one cake onto cake plate and spread frosting on cake. Invert second cake onto a plate and flip over so the flat side is now on top of first cake.
8
Frost cake and decorate as desired.

9
Now that I know the cake tastes like fruit loops I may incorporate them into the decorating next time I make this cake for the kiddies : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what ya think..did ya try it? post a pic!!