Like Me on Facebook

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lite and fruity Mini Cakes




Ok so I was cleaning my house today and am a little OCD lol so it was smelling like chemicals. As much as I love a clean house, I hate that smell. So I decided to hit the kitchen and see if there was something I could whip up fast to make the house smell "fresh baked" I didnt have time to whip out the ingredients to one of nana's yummy desserts so I started to search. A few weeks ago we saw cranberry orange muffin mix at the store and figured we  would buy a few boxes for when I didnt have time to make my own. Unfortunately after making one batch we decided they just werent moms. So we put them in the cupboard and figured someone would make em for one reason or another someday.  I grabbed a box today and used it as a base for something else. I added a bunch of dried fruit and white chocolate chips and decided to bake the batter in my Perfect Brownie Pan in hopes it would come out more cake like instead of muffin like. When I was finished I decorated them and my biggest critic, my 7 year old son Hunter asked if he could have one. He hates cake generally and muffins too. He just finished his fourth piece lol. I went thru the kitchen and noticed partially empty trays and he confessed lol. They really are yummy. They were easy to make and low in fat too!!

 Lite and Fruity Mini Cakes

1 bx  krusteaz fat free orange cranberry muffin mix
1/2 c  dried cherries
1/2 c  white chocolate chips
water
icing to decorate
cooking spray
1/2 tsp vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350 and spray brownie pan (I used my perfect brownie pan to get cake consistancy) with cooking spray.
Empty muffin mix into bowl.
Open can of cranberries that comes with the mix. Drain cranberries juice into measuring cup (do NOT discard juice as the directions on box tell you to)
Add water to cranberry juice to make one cup. Add juice and water mixture and vanilla to dry ingredients and mix till moistened.
Fold in cranberries. Fold in dried cherries. Fold in white chocolate chips.
Scrape mix into brownie pan and add the divider bar. (if using perfect brownie pan)
Bake in oven 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in one of the center cakes comes out clean.


If using Perfect Brownie pan, place pan on the stand and push down to release sides. Then remove the divider. 



Allow to cool slightly and remove to tray to cool. Once cool decorate as desired.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what ya think..did ya try it? post a pic!!