Like Me on Facebook

Monday, April 11, 2011

Blueberry Cherry Mini Pound Cakes

I loved dried fruit so sometimes I take a recipe and throw in some dried fruit and a few other things lol and make up something on my own. I made these today for the first time and my family loved them : ) I used my perfect brownie pan so they would come out in just the right size and precut, I'm lazy what can i say : )

The lighting makes the cake look a funny color lol



1 c dried blueberries
1 c dried cherries
1/2 c white chocolate chips
1¼ cups butter, softened
2¾ cups granulated sugar
5 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Put butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until blended,
then on high speed 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with sweetened condensed milk to
creamed mixture, mixing lightly after each addition.
Fold in fruit and white chcocolate. Turn batter evenly into 6 greased and floured mini loaf pans (4½ x 2¾ x 1¼
inches). Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near center
comes out clean. Let cool in pans 5 minutes; invert on wire racks and let cool completely. Decorate as desired. Makes 6 mini loafs. 



If using the perfect brownie pan bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what ya think..did ya try it? post a pic!!