Like Me on Facebook

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fully Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies from Scratch

I got this recipe off of a flour bag many years ago when I first started baking cookies for the holidays. I tweaked it to my liking, adding the peanut butter chips and the nuts among other things lol and my family loves when I bake them! I was going thru my recipes on my computer for my daughters cookbook and came across this one and thought I would post it. No idea why I only make them at Christmas, except for the fact that I rarely have time to bake from scratch with work and the kids and all the other things i am involved in lol. but i think i will try to make a batch again soon! They are many of the things i love rolled up into one cookie : )



3/4 c sugar

3/4 c brown sugar,packed

1 cup butter, softened

1 egg

2 1/4 c all purpose flour

1 t baking soda

1/2 t salt

3/4 cup crushed pecans, or chopped fine

3/4 c milk chocolate chips ( i use ghirardelli)                     

3/4 c peanut butter chips

3/4 c butterscotch chips or toffee chips (i use toffee)   




Directions
1 In a large mixing bowl mix together both sugars, butter and egg.

2 Stir in flour, soda and salt. (this will make a stiff dough)

3 Now stir in nuts and chips.

4 Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 min until light brown. Centers will be soft.

5 Allow to cool slightly on cookie sheet and then transfer to cooling rack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what ya think..did ya try it? post a pic!!